All MAREA board members share a deep commitment to renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable living demonstrated in our daily lives. But beyond this, we are all different. Each board member contributes in his or her own way. If you think you may be interested in serving on MAREA’s board, please send email email@example.com, describing relevant experience or active interest you may have in areas like…
- Renewable energy technology, application
- Sustainable living, including agriculture
- Policy analysis & making (local, state, federal)
- Energy efficient construction, technology and practices
- Grid management, infrastructure
- Alternative transportation
- Non-profit organization management
- Communication, outreach, social media
- Fund raising, grant writing
- Event planning and management
- Information technology (web, database)
- Video, photography
Feel free to include a resume, articles, photos or any other info you think will help us understand what you are all about. It is not required that you have prior Board experience, a particular educational background or specific professional status. Each inquiry will be evaluated on an individual basis. Your submission will be treated confidentially and shared only with current board members. MAREA will respond to every application with interest and appreciation, but please know there are a limited number of openings and all that apply may not be accepted.
Board positions are for one year and unpaid. We meet the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 in Kutztown PA. Members need to be able and willing to attend at least most of these meetings. If you are at a distance, please don’t let this stop you—we may be able to arrange car pools or use technology to bridge the gap. Thanks! The amount of time committed is up to individual members and kept manageable.
If you have questions and would like to talk with a current board member, please drop us an email with your contact information and we will give you a call. Thanks for your interest. We hope to hear from you!