Viral Carbon Footprint Reductions / Lessons in Sustainability
October 27 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
The Covid 19 virus presented us with many challenges and some opportunities to make changes in our lives. During this time of life changes, some ecopreneurs have taken actions to reduce their carbon footprint, energy, water, or harmful chemical use, and/or waste output. Others have found ways to become more sustainable and better support their local ecosystems. MAREA invites you to hear about their adventures and accomplishments in our annual October Open Mic Night! For example,
- Vera decided to stop mowing five years ago to reduce emissions, save energy, and encourage the return of ecological health, including soil-based carbon sequestration. What started as a simple idea is evolving into a selective weeding strategy for dealing with aggressive invasive plants. She’ll talk with us about tools she’s found useful for identifying and removing these introduced intruders.
- Wes and Linda have discovered E-Bikes and will share their adventures in Lightweight Transportation
- John found available tools to use his Electric Car as a Backup Generator for his home.
- Mark worked out a strategy for Home Charging when you have Two Electric Cars. He also learned to consider the Environment when you pick out your next Garden Tool.
- When faced with a rambling home with lots of inherited conditions, Bill figured out earth-friendly heating and cooling for every room
View the video for down-home practical advise to help us become more sustainable, and join the discussion for a better future earth!